profile picture for @GilaCees
Invalid Date
@GilaCees

Let’s talk about this Pokémon card situation and how important digital asset adoption is for them.

Hate that it’s a reality, glad there are real solutions.

Why Pokemon choosing a network like @Ronin_Network for distribution of assets would be in their best interests……

@GilaCees

I believe the novelty of having a Pokemon card out of a fresh pack and collecting them as you go feels irreplaceable.

It can be scary to remove such an element and not fear losing the incentives for collectors and fans alike.

@GilaCees

There is something special about physical assets but going digital with distribution doesn’t mean you have to eliminate the physical aspects of collecting.

Hear me out here Nintendo - you’ve starved my appetite in Pokémon games for over 8 years so give me 5 minutes of reading.

@GilaCees

The issues stemmed from the development of the physical product. Workers at the manufacturer were taking products and removing them from supply.

Creating scarcity by their own hands and then selling to a higher valued scarce market.

@GilaCees

Wow so smart.

No, they got caught trying to sell the same card to one location who had never seen one because, well they’d taken all of em didn’t they.

@GilaCees

As comical as it is, it’s not.

But all of this is easily avoidable and along with it comes huge costs cut from production overheads, resources and well the people who were taking the cards salaries.

@GilaCees

How?

Enter the blockchain.

You should be able to piece this puzzle together yourself at this point, but for those of you viewing from under a rock;

Blockchain will allow the cards to be digitised - tokenised in fact.

@GilaCees

The features of the blockchain are perfect for distributing a product like Pokemon cards digitally.

Each card is unique and publicly ledgered. No chance of theft or overheads for producing / distributing the products.

@GilaCees

Well yeah you’d have to have them designed but I believe that is part of the process for the already physical products, so easy enough to use the digitally created image on a digital card ey?

@GilaCees

Sounds like a solid way to keep the vehicle going, this way you’re just adding a twin turbo, v80, 10,000 horsepower engine in it.

That’s because it is.

I believe it will this powerful.

@GilaCees

“But noooo the cards, my sleeves, I still want to own my own cards Gila!”

How about this:

• cards distributed digitally on chain

• consumers buy digital packs/bundles

• open source the algorithm for randomising the packs content.

@GilaCees
  • subscription model for fans to turn their favourite card pulls into physical copies.

(Packs at one cost - seperate cost for physical version, build a reward system where multiple pack purchases builds towards benefits to own the physical cards)

@GilaCees
  • special cards come with a physical version which fans can claim through an online service.

• interoperability with cards and the access they give in future games

• an open trading market

@GilaCees

These are some spitball ideas but I’m adamant that with such a strong IP like Pokemon’s the right team, network and builders together could create one of the best web3 models to exist.

I believe that team of builders, with experience, is at @SkyMavisHQ

@GilaCees

What do you think?

How would you pivot from a situation like this if you had creative control?